BACK TO FITNESS
Good core strength is important at every age and fitness level. Core muscles are composed of the superficial and deep abdominal muscles, the deep stabilizing muscles of the lumbar spine and pelvis (lower back) and the thoracic and cervical spine (mid and upper spine).
Core is the area where your centre of gravity is located and it provides support, stability, and a solid foundation for the rest of the body to function maximally.
A weak core can make you susceptible to:
- Poor posture
- Lower back pain
- Muscle Injuries
- Poor Fitness Level
Our aim is to get you back to fitness by helping you to identify and strengthen the weak core muscles to:
- Reduce the frequency and severity of the back pains
- Correct postural imbalances
- Develop FUNCTIONAL FITNESS – that is, fitness that is essential to daily living, sports, and regular activities
First session is individual assessment to set goals for each client according to their starting fitness level and grouping them accordingly.
We use advanced tools like:
- Real Time Ultrasound: Involves the use of soundwaves to produce a picture of muscles and tissues on the screen, allowing the observation of a muscle or muscle groups as they contract
- Achievo Stabilizer Biofeedback with Visual and Audio Input: provides a visual indication of whether you are working the correct a postural muscles
The subsequent sessions are followed by group exercises with:
- Treadmill: To work on global muscles and general fitness
- Win Plate: This vibration platform is a system that gives maximum results to improve general fitness as well as core muscles when compared with traditional training methods, but in far less time and with relatively little effort. The Winplate has a seal of quality which guarantees control of the vertical vibrations. It is also possible to view on the screen of the platform the positions recommended to suit your objective or sport.
- Exercise Ball: Improve balance and overall coordination targeting the core muscles
- Exercise Bands: To work the muscles against resistance
- Posture Training: In different postures
- Mat Exercises: For stretching and strengthening muscles
Total number of session will be 10. With the class size limited to 6-8 only and experiences Physiotherapists training and monitoring your exercises, you’ll surely benefit from these classes.
PERSONAL TRAINING MEANT FOR YOUR BODY TYPE
All of us wants to be fit and healthy and somehow or the other, in our busy schedules, we may try to find some time to exercise ourselves to achieve that fitness.
Exercise helps you not only in maintaining your weight, but also builds muscles, increases bone density, reduce stress, and improves coordination, posture, and balance. It is essential to lead a healthy lifestyle, however; some of us may set the target goals beyond our limitations and end up overdoing the exercise and cause the injuries.
It is commonly observed that most of us discontinue the exercise routine or have an irregular exercise schedule due to one of the following reasons:
- Lack of conditioning
- Aches and pain in the muscles/body
- Insufficient knowledge of correct techniques/equipment
- Boring exercise routine
- Injuries of the muscles, tendons or joints
It is therefore essential to know the right kind of exercise routine.
Here at Physio Asia, we help you set your goals by working within your limits and maximum possible potential, to achieve the best levels of fitness for you.
It may simply begin with you exercising in the comfort of your home with small props and progress to reach your goal or you can come to our clinic to use other equipment.
Exercise becomes fun with us yet being safe is effective at the same time.
BRINGING TO YOU PILATES BY A PHYSIOTHERAPIST
Pilates is a system of therapeutic exercises originally developed in the 1920s by Joseph H. Pilates. These exercises are designed to stretch, strengthen, and balance the whole body with an emphasis on the breath, mindfulness, alignment, and coordinated, flowing movement.
As a comprehensive movement system, Pilates can be individually tailored to meet your needs and goals for overall fitness and well-being, athletic training, rehabilitation, or pain management. At Physio Asia, Pilates exercises can be modified to meet the needs of almost anyone – no matter age or fitness level.
THE IMPORTANCE OF THE CORE
Core strength is the foundation of Pilates exercise. The core muscles are the deep, internal muscles of the abdomen and back. When the core muscles are strong and doing their job, as they are trained to do in Pilates, they work in tandem with the more superficial muscles of the trunk to support the spine and movement.
As you develop your core strength, you develop stability throughout your entire torso. This is one of the ways Pilates helps people overcome back pain. As the trunk is properly stabilized, pressure on the back is relieved and the body is able to move freely and efficiently.
WHY PHYSIO LED PILATES?
Recent research advocates the retraining of the deep stabilizing muscles for patients with low back pain. Physio Led Pilates focuses on the retraining and recruitment of these stabilizing muscles (core stability) as well as improving posture, strength and flexibility.
We will do an initial assessment of your core muscles with advanced tools like Real-Time Ultrasound and Stabiliser Bio-feedback system to initiate the learning of right activation techniques for these deep muscles.
Although Pilates can be extremely beneficial for patients with certain injuries, it needs to be specific to the individual and not used as a generic tool for everyone. Physio Led Pilates (as distinct to generic Pilates classes) identifies this key issue by applying carefully selected exercises to patients with specific injuries. This ensures optimal gains whilst minimizing the likelihood of injury aggravation.
At Physio Asia, Physio Led Pilates is taught by licensed Physiotherapists with years of experience working with many different body types and specific client needs and goals. The classes are one on one or small group based to ensure maximum benefit of the clients. As Physiotherapists, the instructors at Physio Asia are experts in body function and movement, and are passionate about helping you reach your specific health and wellness goals!